Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week 3 Technology

I have heard of Flickr, but I had never explored it.
Being a private person I don't understand why some people post their family pictures for everyone to see.
I expected a photo when I searched "Seattle" and "beach" and was pleasantly surprised when I got a short video clip. The clip was posted today! How is that for technology? 40 years ago only wealthy people could film anything then the film had to be mailed off to be developed and weeks passed before it was returned and could be viewed.
I was surprised when I saw a "semi-dressed" female as a center photo in a montage because I had just minutes earlier read that content would be edited to match the web site family setting.
Flickr would be great for sharing photos between families. My husband's family could use the site to post their photos and we could post our then our email would not be full and the individual pictures would be easier to find. (I would encourage them to select Family and Friends.)
I am sorry that I saw the color feature. Now the pictures created from many, many little pictures to picture one picture will not longer be as enchanting.

Because of modern techology I was able to browse the internet from home, speak on the cordless phone, watch a football game and heat up food in two minutes- microwave, while clothes turned in the dryer, while being warmed by central heat..

I would like to go back to Flickr and view more but I better read Week 4.

No comments: